Marc Soltau is an associate in our finance practice in Frankfurt.
He advises on domestic and cross-border leveraged and corporate finance transactions. He has also extensive experience in the field of real estate finance.
Marc Soltau studied Law at Johannes-Gutenberg-University Mainz and holds a Master of Laws from the University of Glasgow. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2023, he was an associate at another leading international law firm in Germany.
He is fluent in English and German.
Experience & expertise
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and other banks in respect of the financing of Bain Capital's acquisition of the Kantar group*
- BlackRock in respect of facilities for the acquisition and roll-up of German dentistry businesses and radiology surgeries*
- GENUI in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Berge & Meer from TUI AG and the financing of the acquisition and roll-up of medical practices in Germany*
- Ninety One in relation to a capex and refinancing
- Oakley Capital in connection with the financing of the acquisition of a majority stake in the fitness group 7NXT*
- Permira Credit in connection with the financing of the acquisition of ARTUS group by Castik Capital*
*prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills