Mandy is a TMT lawyer, specialising in technology, strategic sourcing and IP transactions.
Mandy has experience advising clients on a range of matters relating to technology, innovation, outsourcing, e-commerce, data, intellectual property and strategic supply, primarily in Australia and across Asia.
Mandy also runs the Herbert Smith Freehills Startup School program, a free, legal education program for early-stage startups in Melbourne. The program was founded in 2017, with about 30 startups participating each year.
Mandy holds a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) from Monash University. In 2019, Mandy completed a 3-week intensive ‘Smart legal contract development and blockchain’ course at RMIT university, a course specifically designed for Herbert Smith Freehills.
Experience & expertise
- a leading global resources company on its transformational ‘next generation outsourcing’ program to establish a new global operating model with strategic partners across the company’s technology environment and assets
- a global company in relation to the design, build, implementation and ongoing provision of a business critical managed data hosting platform
- acting for an infrastructure company in relation to its multi-vendor arrangements for transformation of its customer and billing platform
- advising clients on regulatory requirements associated with entering the Australian market
- advising a number of clients in relation to the interpretation of, and compliance with, complex licensing regimes, including in respect of vendors such as Oracle, Microsoft and SAP