Malika is an APAC corporate partner specialising in mergers & acquisitions, private capital transactions and joint ventures.
Malika is an experienced corporate transactional partner. She specialises in private capital transactions, public and private M&A, joint ventures, demergers and distressed M&A across Asia-Pacific.
Malika advises clients across a broad range of sectors, with a focus on transactions in the technology, media and telecommunications sector, as well as consumer, healthcare, infrastructure and financial services.
Malika is currently based in Singapore and has also spent a number of years as a partner in the firm’s corporate practice in Australia.
Clients have described Malika as a “master in action”, “incredibly responsive”, “commercial” and having an “amazing analytical mind”.
Malika is recognised in Best Lawyers and also as notable practitioner by IFLR1000.
Malika has also published on a range of topics in corporate law, including on foreign investment and joint ventures.
Malika holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce (Distinction) from the University of New South Wales.
Experience & expertise
Private capital and general M&A
EQT Infrastructure on its acquisition of Icon Group (a leading cancer care provider) from a consortium including Goldman Sachs Asset Management, QIC and Pagoda
- Origin Energy on its A$18.7 billion acquisition by a consortium consisting of Brookfield Asset Management (together with its partners and investors, GIC and Temasek) and EIG Partners.
- Capilano Honey Limited on the A$190 million takeover by private equity funds Roc Partners and Wattle Hill
- Perpetual Limited, a global asset manager, on its $2.3b acquisition of listed Pendal Group Limited
- AccorHotels on its proposed A$1.2 billion acquisition of Mantra Group by way of scheme of arrangement
- BHP Billiton on its demerger of its aluminium, manganese and selected nickel and coal assets through the creation and listing of South32
- TPG Telecom on its A$16.5 billion merger with Vodafone Hutchison Australia
- Demerger and listing of TPG Telecom’s Singapore business, Tuas Limited
- Uber on its acquisition of Car Next Door, a peer-to-peer car-sharing platform
- FNZ UK, on its acquisition of GBST Holdings Limited, a listed fintech company
- iProperty on its A$750 million acquisition by realestate.com.au
- Zeetings (an interactive presentation software company) on its sale to Canva
- JCDecaux on its A$1.1 billion acquisition of APN Outdoor
- Fairfax Media on the separation and spin-off of Domain, which listed as a standalone entity with an initial market capitalisation of A$2.2 billion
- Seven West Media on the sale of its magazine business (Pacific Magazines) to Bauer Media