Madonna advises clients in relation to industrial, employment and safety matters and supports clients across the full gamut of the employment lifecycle.
Madonna has a broad practice in employment and industrial matters including:
- appearing in Commissions and Courts in relation to Unfair Dismissals, Disputes, General Protections and Discrimination Claims.
- Remediation projects and advising on Award and Agreement compliance.
- Workplace investigations.
- Enterprise bargaining and approval processes.
- Management of ill and injured employees.
In the safety space, Madonna has experience in incident management, responding to regulators and prosecutions under the Work Health and Safety Act and Electrical Safety Act.
Madonna has predominantly worked in private practice, however, has previously worked in-house for a mining contractor strengthening her industry experience and knowledge in the sector.
Madonna has recently completed her post-graduate Masters studies which focused on strategic human resource management. She has a passion for providing clients with both legally sound and commercial advice that also considers the strategic objectives of the business.
Madonna was most recently recognised in the 16th Edition of Best Lawyers, Labour and Employment Law Ones to Watch.
Madonna holds a Bachelor of Laws from the Queensland University of Technology and a Masters of Business Administration, majoring in Strategic Human Resources Management from the University of Southern Queensland.