Madeleine is a solicitor in the Brisbane Disputes team.
Madeleine has experience assisting clients with commercial disputes, class action litigation, internal investigations and regulatory processes. She has particular experience in corporate governance and compliance matters, focusing on anti-bribery and corruption, modern slavery and whistleblower protections.
Madeleine works with leading Australian and global companies across a variety of sectors, including energy, telecommunications, banking and healthcare. She has assisted clients with matters in various jurisdictions and forums, including the Supreme Court of Queensland, Coroners Court and Supreme Court of New South Wales and Federal Court of Australia.
Madeleine holds Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts (History and Criminology) degrees from the University of Queensland. Madeleine graduated with First Class Honours and the University Medal in Law. She was an Associate in the Queensland Court of Appeal prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills.
Madeleine is admitted in the Supreme Court of Queensland and is on the Federal Register of Practitioners.
Experience & expertise
- an energy company in defending a class action in relation to alleged anti-competitive bidding behaviours in the National Electricity Market, presently before the Federal Court of Australia
- a leading telecommunications company in a coronial inquest and related judicial review proceedings
- a Government-owned corporation with coordinating and implementing a large-scale compliance program review
- both private and public sector companies with corporate governance and due diligence matters, particularly in relation to anti-bribery and corruption, modern slavery and whistleblower compliance
- various clients in relation to internal investigations including those stemming from whistleblower complaints