Lucy specialises in corporate finance work, having particular experience of public takeover bids, private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, secondary offerings and recapitalisations. Lucy acts for clients in a number of sectors and particularly in financial services and mining.
Lucy has previously been seconded to the Corporate/M&A team of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (in 2010/11 and 2017) and to the legal team at Standard Life Investments (2013).
Lucy has advised:
- AbbVie on its £32 billion recommended takeover bid for Shire plc
- Lonmin on various matters including its US$407 million rescue rights issue and associated US$370m debt refinancing and the dividend in specie of Glencore's 23.9% stake in Lonmin
- Qatar Investment Authority on its investment into TaunusTurm, a premium office and residential development in Frankfurt
- Various prospective bidders and targets on potential takeovers
- Hannam and Partners on Asia Coal Energy Ventures' £99m and revised £135m bids for Asia Resource Minerals plc
- Morgan Stanley as financial adviser on Towry's recommended £97m and revised £120m offer for Ashcourt Rowan plc