Qualified in France and Lebanon, Lucien speaks, writes and reads Arabic, French and English. His practice focuses primarily on general corporate and commercial work in the context of transactions and projects in France, North and sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East across a range of industry sectors, including mining, energy, infrastructure, private civil aviation and defence.
Lucien's experience includes advising:
- China Molybdenum Co. on the acquisition of Freeport-McMoRan's indirect 56% interest in the world-class Tenke Fungurume copper-cobalt mine in DRC for US$2.65 billion
- B2Gold Corp. on various matters relating to the Fekola gold mine in Mali, including advising on the mining convention and the shareholders' agreement with the State of Mali, EPC contracts, foreign exchange, relationship with customs authorities, etc
- ENI on its petroleum operations in Republic of Congo
- BP on contentious issues arising from the incident at the In Amenas gas facility in Algeria between 16-19 January 2013
- British American Tobacco on the acquisition of Blue Nile Cigarettes Company in Sudan
Lucien holds an LL.M in business law in Arab Countries from La Sorbonne University in Paris, a master's degree in private law, a BA in law and a BA in political science from Saint-Joseph University in Beirut.