Liang-Ying is a Senior Associate in New York specialising in international arbitration. Liang-Ying is dual qualified to practice in New York and Singapore. She has been a member of the New York Bar since 2010.
Prior to joining the firm, Liang-Ying clerked for Vice-President Bernardo Sepúlveda-Amor and Judges Abdul G. Koroma and Julia Sebutinde at the International Court of Justice and was an associate at Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP, New York City.
She previously clerked for the Chief Justice and Judges of the Singapore Supreme Court, and served concurrently as an Assistant Registrar of the High Court. Liang-Ying also has appellate and commercial litigation experience with a major law firm in Singapore.
She has particular experience in large project and energy disputes, working with engineering experts.
Liang-Ying's experience includes:
- representing a multinational energy company in AAA-ICDR commercial arbitration
- representing a multinational hospitality company in ICC arbitration and related court proceedings
- representing a global minerals and chemicals company in UNCITRAL investor-state arbitration
- advising and representing an international pharmaceutical company in potential ICC arbitration proceedings
- representing an international oil and gas company in international arbitration proceedings
Liang-Ying graduated with first-class honours from the National University of Singapore as the top student in the final year.
She obtained an LLM from Harvard Law School in 2011 and was awarded the Laureate of the Academy prize of the Arbitration Academy in 2012.