Lil is an experienced M&A transaction lawyer who successfully works alongside clients to execute on strategic and complex transactions.
Lil’s experience working with Australian and international clients spans a number of industries including financial services, waste management, energy and resources, engineering services, insurance and retail.
Lil also regularly advises across a wide range of corporate and commercial matters, including joint ventures, company restructures, strategic alliances, foreign investment, securities laws and general corporate matters.
Lil’s recent experience includes advising:
- Paragon Care on its proposed merger of equals with Quantum Health via scheme of arrangement
- The Riverside Company on its separate acquisitions of Avance Clinical and Nabenet Health
- Bain Capital on its investment into Allied Credit
- EQT on its A$3.1 billion change of control approach to Iress Limited
- Apex Group on its A$400 million acquisition of Mainstream group by way of scheme of arrangement, following a contest for control
- BINGO Industries on its A$2.3 billion acquisition by MIRA by way of scheme of arrangement
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on the merger of its Aussie Home Loans business with online mortgage broker Lendi
- Bain Capital on its acquisition of Virgin Australia Group by way of a deed of company arrangement
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on its sale of 55% of Colonial First State to KKR and $3.3 billion joint venture
- Barrick Gold Corporation on the A$1.1 billion sale of its 50% interest in KCGM (the Super Pit)
- Bingo Industries on the $50 million sale of its Banksmeadow facility to CPE Capital (formerly CHAMP Private Equity)
- The Foschini Group on its acquisition of Retail Apparel Group (the owner of the Tarocash, Connor, yd., Johnny Bigg and Rockwear brands) from Navis Capital Partners
- Bingo Industries on its A$577 million acquisition of Dial-a-Dump Industries
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on its sale of financial advisory business Count Financial to CountPlus
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on its A$4.2 billion sale of Colonial First State Global Asset Management to Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
- ERAMET SA on its successful A$350 million hostile off-market takeover bid for ASX-listed Mineral Deposits Limited
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on its proposed A$3.8 billion sale of its Australian and New Zealand life insurance business to AIA
- Bingo Industries on its acquisitions of National Recycling Group and Patons Lane Recycling Centre and Landfill
- Ausenco on its A$160 million (EV) acquisition by RCF by way of scheme
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec on its 44% stake in insurance distributor Greenstone
- Broadspectrum’s response to the A$1.3 billion (EV) unsolicited takeover bid by Ferrovial
Lil holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws from the University of New South Wales.