Lewis specialises in matters relating to the asset management industry and advises on all aspects of the structuring, establishment and operation of investment funds across a wide range of asset classes and jurisdictions. Lewis also advises on mergers and acquisitions involving investment fund clients.
Lewis has spent time on secondment to Man Group (2021) and as a trainee, spent six months on secondment to the Nuclear New Build team at global energy firm EDF Energy. Prior to this, Lewis gained varied experience across our practices, spending time in our Debt Capital Markets, Corporate Energy and Energy Disputes teams.
Lewis is qualified in England and Wales and can advise in English and German.
Lewis's experience includes:
- The Schiehallion Fund Limited on its capital raise of USD $700 million
- Polar Capital Global Financials Trust plc on its secondary raise of up to 500 million ordinary and/or C shares
- Petershill Partners on its £4 billion IPO and listing as a fund on the Premium Segment of the London Stock Exchange (for the banks)
- an infrastructure fund on the acquisition of a German onshore wind portfolio
- Statkraft UK Limited on the key 'day-1' risks that Statkraft UK Ltd, its subsidiaries, and the broader European operations of Statkraft may face as a result of a 'no-deal' Brexit and suggested next steps that Statkraft could take to mitigate these risks.
- an infrastructure fund on its bid for a German gas transmission systems operator
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia in relation to the disposal of Ferngas as its ultimate owner and the related foreign direct investment regime in Germany
Lewis studied Law and German Law at the University of Exeter and the Universität des Saarlandes in Germany, before commencing training and qualifying in 2020.
Lewis speaks fluent German.