Leah assists policyholders, brokers, insurers and reinsurers with claims and coverage issues in relation to both insurance and reinsurance.
Leah also has experience acting for banks in the context of proceedings and investigations commenced by regulators.
Leah's experience includes advising:
- one of the world's leading mining companies on all aspects of insurance recoveries following a major disaster
- a global insurance broker in relation to issues arising from a foreign regulatory investigation into a client
- a global insurance and reinsurance company in relation to a fraud committed against them
- one of Australia's big four banks in Federal Court proceedings commenced against them by the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) in relation to alleged breaches of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing (AML/CTF) laws
- one of Australia's big four banks in the context of regulatory investigations commenced by multiple regulators