Lawrence is a corporate senior associate in Herbert Smith Freehills' Hong Kong office, advising local and international institutional clients, listed companies, PRC enterprises, banks and financial institutions on a wide range of corporate finance work including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equity financings, initial public offerings on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and general corporate compliance matters.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Lawrence worked in an international law firm and the Legal and Compliance Department at Morgan Stanley.
Lawrence obtained his Bachelor of Laws degree and Postgraduate Certificate in Laws at the University of Hong Kong and was qualified as a Solicitor in Hong Kong. Lawrence speaks fluent English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Lawrence has advised:
- China International Capital Corporation and the underwriters in relation to the US$394 million Hong Kong listing and global offering of Shanghai Junshi Biosciences. Shanghai Junshi is the first H share company that is listed in Hong Kong under Chapter 18A and also the first company that is listed on the National Equities Exchange and Quotations to have listed in Hong Kong
- MGM China Holdings Limited (2282.HK) in relation to its proposed issue of USD denominated senior notes in the aggregate amount of $1.25 billion with Deutsche Bank and Merrill Lynch as joint global coordinators
- San Miguel Brewery Inc. in relation to a proposed amalgamation of its subsidiary, San Miguel Brewery Hong Kong Limited (0236.HK), a company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- China International Capital Corporation as the financial adviser in a share repurchase and voluntary conditional cash offer of Red Star Macalline Group Corporation Ltd. (1528.HK), a company listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- ANTA Sports Products Limited (2020.HK) on its formation of a US$80 million joint venture with two diversified listed conglomerates in Korea for the sale of "Kolon Sport" branded products in the sportswear market in Asia
- KEE Holdings Company Limited (2011.HK) on its HK$30 million strategic placing to CM Equities SP (a segregated portfolio of CM SPC, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of China Minsheng Financial Holding Corporation Limited)
- China International Capital Corporation Hong Kong Securities Limited and CEB International Capital Corporation Limited on the HK$2.93 billion IPO and spin-off listing of China Everbright Greentech Limited (1257.HK) on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange;
- China Outfitters Holdings Limited (1146.HK) on the sale and purchase of several brands from its JV partners
- Boill International Co., Ltd, a Chinese property developer, in relation to its HK$1.1 billion sale of certain underlying properties in the PRC to Ngai Shun Holdings Limited (1246.HK) and its subscription of 28.65% interests in the listed company
- ANTA Sports Products Limited (2020.HK) on its formation of joint venture with a sportswear company listed in Korea and a diversified listed conglomerate in Japan for the sale of "Descente" branded products in the sportswear market in China
- China Huarong International Group in relation to various subscription of convertible bonds issued by listed companies on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Maoye International Holdings Limited (848.HK) in relation to a major acquisition of malls and properties in the PRC
- Shunfeng International Clean Energy Limited (1165.HK), Ascent International Holdings Limited (0264.HK), Maoye International Holdings Limited (848.HK), Sun Art Retail Group Limited (6808.HK), Good Resources Holdings Limited (109.HK) in relation to their ongoing compliane advisory work and M&A and other advice