Laurence advises clients in in all areas of international arbitration and has acted for them in both ad hoc and institutional arbitrations (including ICC, UNCITRAL, ICSID, AFA, and SCC arbitrations).
In particular, she represents clients as counsel in disputes on corporate issues, joint ventures, construction and distribution contracts as well as in investment disputes involving sovereign States.
Laurence also acts as an arbitrator. She appears before the French Courts, in international private law disputes and in cases arising from arbitration (i.e. jurisdictional issues, the enforcement and/or setting aside of arbitral awards).
She is a graduate of University of Paris II and holds a PhD degree in international arbitration.
Legal 500 EMEA 2015 has highlighted her substantial Algerian experience and recognized her ability to ‘deal easily with a heavy workload' and 'her great legal knowledge’.
Recent highlights of Laurence's experience include:
- representing a French investor in an ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Hungary under the French/Hungary BIT concerning an expropriation
- representing a company in the meal vouchers sector in an ICSID arbitration claim against Hungary under the France-Hungary Bilateral Investment Treaty
- representing an Algerian public entity in an ICC dispute against a German company in relation to construction matters in Algeria (Algerian and German law, seat in Geneva)
- representing a Spanish leader in the construction business in an ICC dispute against an Algerian Company in relation to construction matters in Algeria (Algerian law, seat in Geneva)
- representing France's second largest cement producer, in relation to disputes against a Russian company arising under a $600m Share Purchase Agreement (Turkish law, seat in Istanbul)
- representing a leading mining company against an African State in a dispute in relation to mining concession (in French, ad hoc conciliation and ICC arbitration)
- representing a Swedish company against a French company in an ICC dispute in relation to hotel management (French law)