Lauren has experience advising creditors, companies, insolvency practitioners and investors in respect of distressed situations. She also acts for credit funds, private equity funds and alternative investment funds on a broad range of financing transactions, largely in distressed or special situations contexts.
Lauren’s recent significant matters include advising:
- Bain Capital on its acquisition of Virgin Australia out of administration and all aspects of the restructuring and recapitalisation
- Allegro Funds Management on its successful acquisition of the Global Express division of Toll Group
- The Carlyle Special Situations Group in relation to its successful bid to acquire Pioneer Credit Limited and all financing aspects of the transaction including its ultimate refinancing
- the senior creditors on the financing aspects of the solvent debt for equity restructuring of the BIS Industries group and subsequently the BIS Industries group on its financing transactions
Lauren was recognised in 2022 as:
- winner of Australian Lawyers Weekly’s 30 under 30 for Insolvency;
- an excellence awardee for the Australasian Law Awards’ Young Private Practice Lawyer of the Year; and
- Best Lawyers “One to Watch”.
She has also been included in the 2021 Australasian Lawyer Rising Stars.
Lauren holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce (With Distinction) from the University of New South Wales.
Lauren is admitted to practice in New South Wales.