Laura has extensive experience advising Australian and Asia Pacific issuers, investment banks and other financial institutions on a broad range of US offerings (including SEC registered public offerings, Rule 144A offerings and US private placement transactions) and innovative financing transactions.
Laura’s expertise extends across investment grade and high yield debt capital markets offerings, leveraged financings, securitisations and structured financings, project and infrastructure financings, equity capital markets transactions and debt restructuring matters.
Laura regularly speaks at seminars and conferences on regulatory and market developments, lectures through the University of Sydney's Master of Laws program and works closely with commercial and investment banks on product development and structuring initiatives.
Laura’s experience includes advising:
- Virgin Australia in connection with its US$350 million Rule 144A/Regulation S issue of senior notes due 2021, its US$300 million Rule 144A/Regulation S issue of senior notes due 2019 and its US$100 million Rule 144A/Regulation S tap issue
- NSW Ports in relation to its US$181 million issue of senior secured guaranteed notes due 2026 and its US$182 million issue of senior secured guaranteed notes due 2028 pursuant to a US private placement
- Civic Nexus in relation to its US$200 million issue of senior secured notes due 2032 pursuant to a US private placement in connection with refinancing arrangements for Southern Cross Station
- KKR, Värde Partners and Deutsche Bank on the financing of their A$8.2 billion acquisition of GE’s Australian and New Zealand consumer lending business
- an Australian borrower in connection with a superpriority first lien syndicated facility and related intercreditor arrangements
Laura received a Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center and a Bachelor of Arts (magna cum laude) from the College of William and Mary. She is admitted in New York and New South Wales, Australia.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Laura practised for over a decade in the New York and Sydney offices of a leading Wall Street law firm.