Laura is a corporate and commercial lawyer with a particular focus on the natural resources sector, including oil and gas and mining. Her experience includes complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, projects and corporate advisory work. Based in London, Laura works with clients across the globe, including in Africa, Latin America and across Europe.
Laura's experience includes advising:
- Mercuria Energy Group on the reverse takeover to effect the proposed combination of Andes Energia (now Phoenix Global Resources) and Petrolera El Trébol
- the lenders on a reserve-based lending facility for the development of Noble Energy's interest in the Leviathan offshore gas field, located in Israel
- BP on its acquisition of a 30% working interest in the Saint-Louis and Cayar exploration blocks offshore Senegal
- Carlyle International Energy Partners on its agreement to purchase the entire Romanian business of Sterling Resources and associated matters, including the release of security given pursuant to Sterling's Norwegian Bond
- Chevron on the US$1.8 billion sale of its downstream oil and gas business in the UK and Ireland to Valero