For over 28 years, Laura has helped with clients on a broad range of strategic, non-contentious intellectual property issues.
Laura works with clients across a broad range of business and industrial sectors on IP issues arising in major commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, projects and security arrangements.
She also collaborates with clients on intellectual property licensing arrangements including branding agreements, patent licences and technology transfer agreements
Laura’s recent experience includes:
- TSB Banking Group PLC: Advising on IP aspects of the separation from Lloyds Banking Group PLC including brand assignment and licensing arrangements
- Pearson and The Financial Times: Advising on the IP issues arising in the Financial Times' joint venture with IE Business School, the FT | IE Corporate Learning Alliance including drafting and negotiating extensive brand licence and sub-licence arrangements
- Highways England on the IP aspects of the NRTS project including drafting appropriate contractual provisions relatign to the identifaction, ownership and licensing of IP rights under the project
- Ministry of Defence on the IP aspect of a number of projects including its Materiel Strategy, its Future Rapid Effect System project and its AWE management & operation contract.
- Strides Arcolab on IP issues arising from its disposal of Agila Specialities, its generic specialty injectable business, to Mylan Inc.