Laura has acted for clients in the High Court of Australia, the Federal Court of Australia, state Supreme Courts, as well as in negotiations and mediations.
Laura was previously an associate to The Hon Justice Gordon AC at the High Court of Australia.
Laura has a broad range of experience in commercial disputes, including acting for clients in connection with investigations conducted by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
Laura’s experience includes:
- securities class action proceedings, including Centro and Treasury Wine Estates
- acting for listed companies with ASIC inquiries and threatened class action proceedings
- acting for a publicly listed Australian company in relation to a complex insurance claim, with multi-jurisdictional aspects
- acting for an international media company and a publicly listed Australian healthcare provider in relation to contractual disputes
- acting for a publicly listed Australian company in a multi-jurisdictional investigation into potential violations of anti-corruption laws involving regulators and enforcement agencies in Australia (the Australian Federal Police) and the US (the Securities and Exchange Commission and Department of Justice)
Laura holds Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws (Hons) degrees from the University of Melbourne. Laura is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria, the Federal Court and the High Court of Australia.