Lara has experience across a wide range of disputes, including general commercial litigation, judicial reviews , inquiries, statutory appeals and criminal investigations. She has worked with a variety of clients from acting as one of the lead associates on a dispute for Goldman Sachs International to advising an individual in relation to an SFO investigation.
Lara's experience includes advising:
- Goldman Sachs International in a US$1.2 billion claim brought by the Libyan Investment Authority in relation to a series of equity derivatives transactions, featuring allegations of undue influence and unconscionable bargain
- a major airline on a regulatory matter (in relation to on time performance)
- an individual in relation to an SFO investigation into his and his firm's conduct during the financial crisis in 2008
- a multinational oil company regarding an overseas investigation, including settlement discussions
- The Advice on Individual Rights in Europe Centre in relation to a Supreme Court intervention
Lara trained with Herbert Smith Freehills and qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2013.