Lamis is a transactional finance lawyer with a background in corporate and commercial law. Lamis focusses on local and cross-border finance transactions in emerging markets and advises both borrowers and lenders in a variety of sectors from mining, energy and natural resources to logistics and infrastructure.
Her experience includes advising on structured trade financings, such as pre-export finance facilities and borrowing base facilities. She also has experience advising on real estate finance matters.
Lamis's experience includes advising:
- Standard Chartered Bank on a syndicated secured commodity financing across Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, South Africa, Singapore, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia
- the African Development Bank, Credit Suisse AG and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited on a US$600 million syndicated loan to Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD)
- IBM in relation to the corporate aspects of the spin-off of its managed infrastructure services business in South Africa
- Nedbank Limited on a ZAR1,85 billion deal with Puma Energy, which was named as Local Currency Loan Deal of the Year for the Bonds, Loans & Sukuk Africa conference in March 2020
- Nedbank Limited in relation to the refurbishment of a hotel located in Casablanca