Luxmy is a Senior Associate in the Sydney banking and regulatory disputes team.
Luxmy has experience working in both the Herbert Smith Freehills London and Dubai offices, primarily on a range of commercial disputes, and real estate and corporate tax transactions. This includes advising on complex disputes involving partnership, director’s duties, accounting and corporate tax issues. She now works on financial regulatory disputes in our Sydney office.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Luxmy was the associate to Chief Justice Trevor Riley of the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory (as his Honour then was).
Experience & expertise
- Marathon Asset Management in arbitral proceedings against one of its co-founders for breach of fiduciary duty and related High Court proceedings against former employees and a third party marketer for conspiracy and theft of confidential information in London (The Lawyer, Top 20 case, 2016)
- a global aerospace insurer in defending ICC arbitral proceedings relating to sums due pursuant to an earnout and DIFC employment proceedings brought by a former Director in Dubai
- the Royal Bank of Scotland in connection with regulatory issues and litigation arising out of its 2008 Rights Issue in London
- large commercial real estate transactions in London
- on aspects of corporate tax disputes and transactions in London
- on complex disputes involving potential breaches of financial services obligations, negligence claims, misleading or deceptive conduct claims, and complex breach of contract and damages claims
- clients in the financial services, general insurance, asset management and construction industries in relation to disputes involving complex accounting, general insurance, fraudulent payments, partnership and director’s duties issues
- a large general insurer in relation to proceedings and a regulatory investigation on the pricing of general insurance products.