Luke is an associate in the Finance, Real Estate and Project (FREP) department in the Johannesburg office.
Luke has experience advising on a range of project finance matters, drafting Libor Replacement Provisions and advising RMIPPPP preferential bidders.
BA and LLB degree from the North West University - Potchefstroom
Experience & expertise
- ABSA Bank Limited, Nedbank Limited, FirstRand Bank Limited and The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited, as well as any suitable development financing institution on the expansion, upgrading and improvement of the Beitbridge border post in Zimbabwe
- Standard Bank and Stanbic Kenya on the refinancing of an HFO Power Plant in Kenya
- Rand Merchant Bank and Standard Bank (as lenders) on the financing of an office accommodation project, being procured as Public Private Partnership for the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform
- facility for Investments in Renewable Small Transactions (RF) Pty Ltd on funding of Waste-to-Value plants
- Mulilo and Total as Sponsors and Developers in respect of two preferential bidders in the RMIPPPP
- easyJet on refinancing existing commercial debt. easyJet became the first airline to secure a loan through UK Export Finance’s Export Development Guarantee (EDG) scheme. The transaction also marked the first secured EDG facility to reach financial close
- a client on the drafting of LIBOR replacement provisions