Lisa advises clients on a broad range of employment matters, both advisory and litigious.
Lisa provides commercial and strategic legal advice to private, ASX-listed and non-profit clients in a range of sectors, including financial services, health and technology.
Her expertise covers contentious and non-contentious employment matters, including:
- structuring employment arrangements, including the drafting and negotiating of employment documentation
- performance and misconduct issues
- management of ill and injured employees
- investigations and whistleblowing
- employee exits, including Corporations Act compliance issues arising from executive exits
- award compliance, including underpayment and payroll issues
- unfair dismissals, general protections, breach of contract claims and post-employment restraints
- employment issues associated with corporate transactions
Lisa holds of Bachelor of Laws (Hons 1) and Bachelor of Commerce (Distinction) from the University of New South Wales.
Experience & expertise
- acting for a multinational financial services firm in the Supreme Court of NSW in proceedings against a competitor and former employees for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties and Corporations Act contraventions
- advising an ASX50 company on the development of internal processes and policies for compliance with whistleblowing laws and the conduct of investigations into multi-jurisdictional whistleblowing complaints
- coordinating Australian and foreign advice on the exit of an executive director of an ASX-listed company. The matter involved complex Corporations Act issues, the interaction of Australian and foreign employment laws and the negotiation of exit arrangements
- advising a large bank on employment issues arising from the divestment of a significant business, including on transfer of employment and incentive arrangements
- advising numerous clients on issues arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic, including contract variations, stand-downs, redundancies and JobKeeper