Lisa is an Associate in the dispute resolution team based in London.
Lisa has experience advising and acting on a wide range of commercial disputes and financial services regulatory matters. Lisa has a particular focus on banks and other financial institutions, having spent time as a secondee to Bank of New Zealand.
Lisa is admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand. She holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Auckland.
Experience & expertise
- acting for Bank of New Zealand in defending proceedings brought by entities associated with the Gloriavale Christian Community challenging BNZ's closure of the entities' bank accounts*
- advising an ASX listed financier in defending proceedings brought by a contractor following the collapse of a project developer*
- advising a derivatives issuer in enforcement action brought by the New Zealand Financial Markets Authority*
- secondment to Bank of New Zealand*
- advising major New Zealand banks in relation to general regulatory compliance, with particular experience in consumer finance and financial markets conduct*