Linda is a Legal Review Attorney within our ALT practice.
She works with both US and global Disputes teams on reviews for client matters involving litigation, third party subpoenas, and internal and government investigations. She is responsible for providing guidance on US legal privilege and protection of commercially sensitive and personal identifying information (PII) to global review teams working on US matters.
Linda’s practice is focused on review and advising Disputes teams on approaches to improving efficiency and accuracy of large-scale, complex, and foreign language reviews related to litigation, arbitration and investigations.
In addition to conducting US disputes reviews, Linda has over a decade’s experience working on large-scale and complex matters relating to whistle-blower investigations, insider trading, and AML and FCPA investigations, with a special emphasis on Portuguese, Spanish, and French speaking countries. She also has experience working on matters involving US regulators (US Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, US Securities & Exchange Commission, US Commodity Future Trading Commission) and overseas regulators (Brazil Public Prosecutor’s Office, Brazil General Attorney’s Office, Switzerland Office of the Attorney General, UK Financial Conduct Authority).
Linda obtained her J.D. from the University of Illinois at Chicago and her A.B. from the University of Chicago. During law school she was a judicial extern in Argentina’s National Appellate Court for Financial Crimes. She is fluent in Portuguese and Spanish and has working proficiency in French and Italian.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, she worked at New York law firms and review providers. She previously worked as a criminal defense attorney representing clients in federal court.
Linda is admitted to practice in New York.
Experience & expertise
- a financial services company in a review responding to an investigation by US regulators
- a financial services company in reviews responding to third party subpoenas involving the institution’s M&A, Debt Advisory, and Equity Capital Markets clients from multiple sectors, including pharmaceutical, energy and technology
- a global energy commodity trading company in reviews involving disputes related to contaminated fuel deliveries
- a financial services company in an internal investigation related to derivative contracts
- an international automotive management company in a large-scale review related to whistle-blower investigations