Liam specialises in public and private M&A transactions.
Liam advises clients on a range of complex corporate transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions (M&A) deals in Australia and overseas.
Liam has assisted clients to acquire and divest a range of entities domestically and in cross-border transactions, advised on multiple initial public offerings on the ASX and overseas exchanges (such as the HKEX) and enjoys assisting clients undertake transformative projects.
Liam also has extensive experience in the private M&A and equity capital markets space, including in respect of capital raisings, corporate governance issues, financial services laws and corporate structuring matters.
Liam holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours and University Medallist) and a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance and Accounting) from Flinders University.
During his studies, Liam also completed exchange programs to the University of Oxford in England and Nankai University in Tianjin, China.
Liam holds a New South Wales practising certificate and is also admitted as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of South Australia and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- People’s Choice Credit Union on its merger with Heritage Bank (two of Australia’s largest mutual banks), to create Australia’s largest member-owned banking organisation with approximately A$22.8 billion in assets
- TAL Dai-ichi Life on the sale of its financial advisory business to Count Limited
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank on its acquisition of ANZ’s A$715 million margin lending portfolio
- People’s Choice Credit Union on the sale of its financial planning business with A$1.1 billion in funds under advice to Fiducian
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank on the sale of its financial planning business with A$1 billion in funds under advice to Bridges Financial Services Group, a subsidiary of IOOF
- Clear Prosper on its proposed HK$3 billion acquisition of Giordano
- The Tycoon Group in connection with its IPO and admission to the HKEX