Lewis is a corporate associate in our London Funds and Asset Management team.
Lewis specialises in matters relating to the asset and wealth management industries and advises on all aspects of the structuring, establishment and operation of investment funds across a wide range of asset classes and jurisdictions. Lewis also advises on regulatory matters and distribution projects involving investment fund clients.
Lewis has spent time on secondment to Man Group (2021) and to a London-based start-up business building a tech-enabled, global digital asset management platform (2023).
Lewis is qualified in England and Wales and can advise in English and German.
Lewis studied Law and German Law at the University of Exeter and the Universität des Saarlandes in Germany, before commencing training and qualifying in 2020.
Lewis speaks fluent German.
Experience & expertise
- The Schiehallion Fund Limited on its capital raise of USD $700 million
- Polar Capital Global Financials Trust plc on its secondary raise of up to 500 million ordinary and/or C shares
- a large UK asset manager on the negotiation of and amendments to their distribution agreements
- a start-up digital asset business on development and global structuring (including coordination of local counsel in non-UK jurisdictions) of, and regulatory and distribution strategy in relation to, its tech-enabled, digital asset management platform
- a reputed UK life insurer on the restructuring of an investment of their unit linked funds in Gallions Reach Shopping Centre, including preparation of detailed advisory notes on the regulatory status of the investment and the impact of the restructure
- an infrastructure fund on the acquisition of a German onshore wind portfolio
- an infrastructure fund on its bid for a German gas transmission systems operator