Lebo is a senior associate in the project development and finance team.
Lebo focuses on project development and financing aspects of projects across Africa. She also has experience in debt, equity and quasi-equity corporate financing transactions in Africa across various sectors.
Lebo was a 2021 African Legal Awards in-house rising star finalist.
Lebo is an admitted attorney. She holds a LLB (Cum Laude) from University of the Witwatersrand as well as a LLM in Business and Commercial Law from the University of the Witwatersrand. She also completed a PGDip in Leadership at the University of Stellenbosch Business School.
Experience & expertise
- Air Liquide S.A as joint offtaker with Sasol of renewable energy for their site in South Africa
- Sedibelo Platinum Mine as offtaker of renewable energy from an ESG wheeling project in South Africa
- Total Eren's PPA HoT for the development of a solar PV project to service a chrome and platinum mine in South Africa
- a financial institution on its financing of the development of Mozambique Tree Framing's regional timber hub and export facility project in Mozambique*
- a financial institution on its financing of the development of the Seraphim PV solar cells plant in South Africa
- a financial institution on its financing of the Redstone CSP plant in South Africa*
- a financial institution on its financing of a development in Ivory Coast*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills