Lauren is a Corporate and Corporate Mining Associate in the Johannesburg office.
Lauren has experience in assisting with a variety of M&A transactions and general corporate work, as well as mining and ESG specific work.
Lauren has experience in competition law issues as she previously worked in the Competition, Regulation and Trade department.
Lauren obtained her LLB undergraduate degree from the University of Stellenbosch in 2018.
- Pearson plc on the disposal of its majority shareholding in Pearson South Africa Proprietary Limited
- IHS Holding on its acquisition of over 5,000 telecommunication towers in South Africa from MTN Group
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as international legal counsel on the Ministry of Industry and Mineral Resources’ mineral law reform project
- Stanlib and Stanlib Infrastructure Investment Fund II on their investment in two solar project companies in South Africa (being Mulilo Renewable Energy Solar PV De Aar and Mulilo Renewable Energy Solar PV Prieska
- Greenstreet 1 (Pty) Ltd on its acquisition of a majority stake in Solar Capital De Aar 3 (RF) Pty Ltd, a solar photovoltaic project under the Renewable Energy Independent Power Procurement Programme
- Involved in Norilsk Nickel Mauritius (NNM) and Norilsk Nickel Africa (Proprietary) Limited on the sale of NNM's US$ 279 million interest in the Nkomati Joint Venture to BCL (Proprietary) Limited in Botswana and the disputes which have subsequently emanated from this transaction including appeal proceedings under the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2002 and judicial review proceeding
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills