Lamis is a Director in the Finance practice, based in Johannesburg.
Lamis is a transactional finance lawyer with a background in corporate and commercial law. Lamis focusses on local and cross-border finance transactions in emerging markets and advises both borrowers and lenders in a variety of sectors from mining, energy and natural resources to logistics and infrastructure.
Her experience includes advising on structured trade financings, such as pre-export finance facilities, receivables finance and borrowing base facilities. She also has experience advising on real estate finance matters.
Lamis was educated at the University of Cape Town.
Experience & expertise
- The African Development Bank, Credit Suisse AG and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited on a US$ 600 million syndicated receivables-backed term loan to Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD)*
- IFC in relation to a US$ 194 million financing of Airtel Africa subsidiaries in Kenya, Chad, DRC, Niger, Republic of Congo, Madagascar and Zambia
- Bboxx Ltd in relation to the restructuring of its subsidiary’s debt facilities
- The Standard Bank of South Africa in relation to a due diligence preceding a proposed financing of a company in the public transport industry
- ABSA Bank Limited and Investec Bank Limited on a US$ 100 million credit facility to a private equity fund