Kyle is regarded as one of the Asian market's leading white collar and regulatory lawyers. He has been described as "one of the cornerstones of investigations work in Asia" and "an exceptional lawyer". Kyle has led investigations and compliance projects in more than 40 countries worldwide. He focuses on multi-jurisdictional corruption, money laundering, regulatory, fraud and accounting investigations, as well as trade and sanctions issues involving multinational and major regional corporates.
Kyle has long been ranked as a leading individual by Chambers, The Legal 500 and IFLR and is a frequent speaker on criminal and regulatory enforcement issues arising in Asian markets.
Kyle has advised:
- a global investment bank on a multi-jurisdictional enforcement matter involving its hiring practices in Hong Kong and China
- a Japanese multinational on actions by US and African enforcement authorities with respect to the organisation's business practices in Africa
- the Shanghai listed subsidiary of a US multinational in connection with a financial restatement and subsequent investigations by the China Securities Regulatory Commission and Shanghai Stock Exchange
- an Australian company in connection with an inquiry by a Special Committee of the Hong Kong Legislative Council
- a Chinese state-owned company on a corruption investigation by Swiss authorities relating to the conduct of its Swiss subsidiary in multiple African jurisdictions
- an Asia-based trading platform and money service operator in connection with a review of its activities by multiple Hong Kong government agencies
- a US engineering firm on actions by the Hong Kong Independent Commission Against Corruption relating to the construction of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau bridge project
- a Middle Eastern commercial bank on a money laundering and sanctions-related investigation by authorities in Hong Kong
- a US medical devices company on a corruption investigation by US authorities under the US FCPA into its business practices in China and other Asian jurisdictions
- a global energy company on an investigation into potential implication of the US FCPA and UK Bribery Act on investments in LNG projects in Papua New Guinea
- multiple private equity funds in connection with investigations at portfolio companies in China, India and other Asian jurisdictions
Band 1, Corporate Investigations/Anti-Corruption, Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific
Market Leader, Financial Services Regulatory, International Financial Law Review (IFLR) 1000
Leading Individual, Regulatory: Anti-corruption and Compliance, Legal 500 Asia Pacific
"The pre-eminent lawyer in Asia for regulatory and criminal matters." Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific 2018
"He has a tremendous depth of experience, he understands the local enforcement authorities and business culture, and he is a calming presence when things are difficult. He is the person you go to in a tight situation." Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific 2018
"He has seen everything and is the predominant corporate investigations and financial services regulatory lawyer in Asia. He is in big demand for companies, and particularly banks, in crisis situations." Legal 500 2018
Kyle is admitted to practise in Hong Kong, California and New York and is a registered foreign lawyer in England and Wales. Kyle speaks English and Mandarin.