Kritika has worked on arbitrations under the ICC Rules, SIAC Rules, LCIA Rules, BANI Rules and others. She has a specific focus on India-related disputes and arbitration along with being involved on multi-jurisdictional commercial and investment disputes around the APAC region.
Kritika also has experience in corporate crime and investigations and has worked extensively with clients on conducting internal investigations on various issues such as anti-corruption, regulatory issues, fraud, data security and privacy, employment issues, conflicts of interest etc.
Kritika has a wealth of experience in advising on India-related disputes and is part of the global India practice led by Chris Parsons and Nicholas Peacock in London. Kritika speaks fluent Hindi and also speaks some Tamil, Kannada and Nepali.
She recently spent over a year on client secondment in the in-house team of a client and worked in its Litigation and Disputes Management team. During her secondment, she managed all disputes and corporate investigations arising out of the client's APAC operations.
Kritika is also involved in investment treaty arbitration work in relation to India and other regions in APAC and has extensive experience on advising clients on their BIT and investment treaty options.
- a major Japanese company in a dispute against its joint venture partner regarding the payment of the JV partner's contractual contribution towards legal costs and tax deposits in India
- a telecommunications company on a potential dispute under an investment treaty agreement with a South-Asian country
- a major energy company in relation to an ongoing dispute regarding the construction of a research reactor in a South-Asian country
- advising a global asset manager on its investment treaty structuring options in relation to a proposed project in India
- a US consultancy company on an internal investigation regarding the alleged breach of internal policies by certain employees in India
Kritika trained at Herbert Smith Freehills' London and qualified into the Singapore disputes team commencing March 2012.
Kritika is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and is also qualified in India. She graduated from NLUJ, India in 2009.