Kristin helps clients to manage, identify and exploit revenue opportunities from their IP in a wide range of commercial transactions.
She works with clients on commercialisation, IP agreements, IP structuring, IP advice and also the IP and technology aspects of sales and acquisitions of businesses and companies, and joint ventures. Kristin is the co-lead of our firm’s Consumer Products sector team, and she advises clients on matters across a range of sectors with a particular focus on the consumer, TMT, pharmaceutical/healthcare and financial institutions sectors.
Kristin has 20 years of experience and works on matters across the Asia-Pacific region and also licensing and acquisition deals across the Middle East, US and Europe.
A range of international reviews recognise Kristin’s experience including Chambers, Managing Intellectual Property, Top Global 250 Licensing Lawyers, and Best Lawyers Australia.
These reviews include comments that Kristin is ‘very popular with clients…fantastic in the IP space’, ‘excellent on complex deals’, ‘her high-flying transactional practice has earned her a reputation as one of the country’s best corporate IP lawyers’ and she ‘brings superb cross-border insight to a host of commercialisation matters throughout Asia-Pacific’.
Kristin’s experience includes acting for
- a leading media company on its content deals including in M&A deals, various online joint ventures, standalone content deals, new media exploitation, licensing of titles and contents
- a number of international consumer companies on various IP matters including the IP aspects of sales of major businesses, technology and brand licences, international IP restructures, sales of products, franchising agreements, collaboration agreements, evaluation and research agreements
- various healthcare and pharmaceutical companies on licensing and commercial agreements
- various technology companies around commercialisation strategies and licensing
- private equity investors on the IP aspects of various acquisitions and investments including brand split structures.
Kristin has a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Sydney and a Master of Laws (Intellectual Property) with Distinction from London School of Economics specialising in international and comparative copyright. She is also a member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand, and the Communications and Media Law Association Inc.