Kristen leads the corporate debt practice in London, advising a substantial number of listed and unlisted corporates on their debt financing and treasury needs. He advises on a wide range of financing transactions and specialises in acquisition and public bid finance.
More broadly, Kristen's practice has expanded to reflect broadening corporate treasury roles; he advises extensively on covenant support arrangements provided to other stakeholders, for example in relation to pension covenant arrangements and supply chain financing.
Kristen advises clients on debt raisings across the loan and private placement markets (both UK, US and European financings) as well as on trade finance, recourse and non-recourse receivables and borrowing-base financings and finance leasing. His specialism in public bid finance regularly sees him appointed by bidders and the global investment banks to advise on the implementation of Takeover Code compliant bid financing arrangements. Kristen utilises his knowledge of the trends and opportunities in the debt markets to assist clients in optimising their debt capital structures and taking advantage of the arbitrage opportunities of raising debt across different products and markets.
In addition, Kristen works closely with our pensions and insurance practices in employing leveraged finance techniques for the benefit of corporates, pension trustees, insurers and reinsurers in their transactions to insulate them from risk and marshal the interests of competing stakeholders.
Kristen has advised:
- Weir Group on its $800 million revolving credit and swingline facilities and $1 billion private placement of senior notes and bilateral letter of credit facilities
- Capita Plc in connection with its £600 million revolving credit facility, approximately £900 million of bilateral revolving and term facilities, approximately €290 million of German schuldschein loans and notes and certain amendments to existing US privately placed notes
- Severn Trent on its £800 million multicurrency revolving credit facility, £100 million index-linked facilities, £530 million EIB financing and £100 million bilateral revolving credit facilities
- Arris Inc on the debt financing of $2.1 billion acquisition of Pace Plc
- Yokogawa Electric Company on its £180 million bid for KBC Advanced Technologies Plc