Kristen has experience advising clients on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment matters, including:
- large scale restructures and redundancy processes
- unfair dismissal, breach of General Protections and discrimination claims and litigation in the Fair Work Commission, Australian Human Rights Commission, Federal Circuit Court and Federal Court
- transfers of business and providing employment support on corporate transactions (M&A)
- post-employment restraint and breach of confidentiality litigation
- management of ill and injured employees
- employee exits (from junior employees with industrial coverage to senior executives)
- industrial issues, including negotiation of Enterprise Agreements
Kristen provides employment legal support to a broad range of clients on all matters from complex litigated employment disputes to practical guidance on day-to-day issues.
With particular sector expertise in banking and financial institutions, Kristen advises on front end employment disputes, such as employee dismissals, managing ill and injured employees with lengthy workplace absences, and large scale restructure processes. Kristen has represented clients in litigation in the Federal Court, Federal Circuit Court, Fair Work Commission and in state and Federal anti-discrimination tribunals. Kristen also provides employment-related legal support on corporate transactions, including advising on the transfer of business provisions.
Having completed a nine month client secondment at one of Australia’s largest companies, Kristen is known for her commercial, common-sense approach to providing legal advice.
In 2015, Kristen was named a finalist in the Workplace Relations, Employment and Safety category of the Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Awards. She was also a finalist in the Young Gun of the Year category in both the Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards and Women in Law Awards.
Kristen’s recent experience includes:
- advising Santos as part of the team assisting with the acquisition of Quadrant Energy for US$2.15 billion
Kristen holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) from The University of Sydney.