Kirsty has particular experience in the mining, energy, construction and government and public sectors. She advises clients on all facets of industrial relations and enterprise agreement strategy, management and resolution of industrial disputes, contracts of employment, unfair dismissals, equal employment opportunity matters, and non-competition restrictions.
- advised on protected and unprotected industrial action responses and strategy, including Federal Court adverse action proceedings
- advised clients involved in major construction projects on a range of employment and industrial relations issues, including stakeholder and union engagement and consultation processes, and obligations under applicable industrial instruments
- advised on drafting and implementing enterprise agreements
- drafted comprehensive industrial relations strategy for expansion projects and site operations
- managed and, where appropriate, negotiated settlements of unfair dismissal or adverse action claims