She advises financial services institutions on claims and regulatory issues and is experienced in cases involving insolvency. She has also acted in professional negligence claims against law and accountancy firms and financial advisers. A solicitor advocate, Kirsten has acted for clients such as accountants, banks and corporates. She has been involved in some of the largest cases in the Commercial Court of England and Wales in recent years.
Kirsten's experience includes,
- RBS in respect of regulatory investigations and shareholder litigation in the UK and the US following the near collapse and government bail-out of the bank in October 2008
- The Financial Services Compensation Scheme in relation to large scale High Court litigation following the collapse of Keydata Investment Services Limited
- CIBC in major High Court litigation related to the failed Box Clever Group securitisation
- Chevron on litigation arising out of the explosion at the Buncefield oil storage depot near Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire in 2005
- Phoenix Venture Holdings, various other companies in the MG Rover Group, and present and former directors and officers of companies in the MG Rover Group as part of the investigation by the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform into the collapse of the car company
- a major financial institution on the recovery of its £300 million investment in a failed structured finance transaction, including the potential winding up of the underlying hedge fund