Kevin sits within the Civil Fraud team, and has experience of commercial litigation, mediation and arbitration. He has acted for clients in a wide-range of industry sectors including technology, telecommunications, logistics, banking and real estate development.
Kevin has particular experience of acting in relation to complex contractual disputes, tort claims (including fraud and economic torts), shareholder and joint venture disputes and defamation and risk management issues. He regularly advises on applications for peremptory relief, including freezing injunction applications in a number of common law jurisdictions and has lectured on these topics.
He spent 9 months on secondment to the litigation team at one of Herbert Smith Freehills' key clients in the UK Technology sector where he regularly advised on issues arising from complex IT and management consultancy arrangements including in relation to high profile online retail companies.
Kevin has been listed as Rising Star in the Legal 500 UK 2021 for Commercial Litigation: Premium for the second year running, and is recognised within the Civil Fraud rankings where it is noted that he is known for his work for “major clients in fraud disputes”.
Kevin's experience inludes advising:
- International businessman, Vlad Doronin and his corporate vehicles, in relation to a high profile multi-jurisdictional joint venture dispute relating to the Aman Resorts luxury hotel group, including allegations of fraud, breaches of contract and fiduciary duties, and constructive trusts, and related injunctions, involving proceedings in London, BVI and New York (The Lawyer, Top 20 case)
- Jyske Bank in relation to high profile proceedings in Gibraltar in a claim that the bank had dishonestly assisted fraudulent conduct from an account holder (a law firm) which caused loss to third parties
- an investor in a major CIS IT services company in respect of an LCIA Arbitration and related Cypriot and Russian litigation regarding claims of unfair prejudice, conspiracy to breach fiduciary duty, misrepresentation, unjust enrichment and breach of contract
- an international mining business in relation to LCIA arbitration proceedings in England and related proceedings in Botswana and South Africa
- a Russian businessman in relation to LCIA arbitration proceedings and related proceedings in the English High Court, Cyprus, Russia and Spain (including concerning freezing injunctions) arising out of claims involving allegations of fraud and corruption
- a large European telecommunications firm in relation to allegations of procurement of a breach of contract and conspiracy to cause loss by unlawful means
- a confidential client with global operations in connection with a threatened class action to be brought in the English High Court, involving in excess of 4,000 prospective claimants alleging unlawful means conspiracy
- a major European Bank in relation to a threatened High Court class action involving claims of fraudulent misrepresentation and conspiracy to cause loss by unlawful means
- Uber London Limited on its defence of a claim brought by the barrister Jolyon Maugham QC in the High Court for Uber to issue a VAT invoice in respect of a car journey in London which was booked through Uber's App
- an Employee Benefit Trust provider in High Court proceedings concerning allegations of breach of trust
Kevin was admitted as a solicitor in 2007. He holds a first class degree in Law with German Law from UCL (2004) and obtained a distinction in the LPC.