Ken has both private practice and in-house experience with drafting and neogitating large-scale technology procurement contracts, including software application developments, ownership and licensing, software as a service, platform as a service and cloud computing arrangements.
Ken's experience includes advising:
- ClearBank, a UK clearing bank, on the contract drafting and negotiation with a key customer for the supply of agency banking and payments clearing services.
- Export Finance and Insurance Corporation, an Australian government agency, on the procurement of an online loans origination platform with integration to a credit bureau's systems for the automated delivery of credit risk reports.*
- Origin Energy, an Australian energy provider, on the procurement of whole of enterprise systems and data migration to the Microsoft Azure cloud.*
- Origin Energy, an Australian energy provider, on the renewal of Microsoft Office 365 estate agreements, business services agreements, supply agreements, enterprise agreements, and various subscription enrolments.*
- Baida Poultry, Australia's largest poultry producer, on the procurement of an enterprise resource planning system and Oracle database engine software.
- Mastercard, a financial services company, on the transition out of a Fujitsu data centre that was hosting payment processing facilities.*
- Wentworth Community Housing, a government housing developer in Australia, on the procurement of data migration and hosting services with Amazon Web Services.*
- Commonwealth Bank, a big 4 Australian bank, on the outsourcing to Hewlett Packard Enterprises comprising managed services, infrastructure as a service and end user computing.*
- Commonwealth Bank, a big 4 Australian bank, on the design, development and roll-out of a new point of sale payment solution comprising a secure merchant terminal and open platform for the deployment of software applications.*
- NSW Port Authority, an Australian state government department, on the procurement of an enterprise resource management system for managing marine ports.*
- NEP, a global broadcasting company, on the supply of downstream and technical support services for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.*
- Samsung, a global consumer electronics company, on an application development and licensing agreement with multiple application developers.*
- Arthur J Gallagher, a global insurance brokerage and risk management company, on the procurement of a new insurance broking system to replace legacy systems.*
- Sydney International Airport, on the procurement of the supply, install and maintenance of automated bag drop machines and software application.*
- Hobart International Airport, on the tender and procurement of an enterprise resource management system to replace legacy systems.*
*Experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills