Ken advises clients in the areas of public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and reorganisations, Corporations Act compliance, corporate governance, inbound foreign investment and other commercial transactions. He has recent experience working on transactions involving distressed assets, and is part of a team at Herbert Smith Freehills with market leading expertise in restructuring, turnaround and insolvency.
Ken has transactional experience across a wide range of industries and sectors including infrastructure, real estate, private equity, funds management, investment banking and financial services. He has also previously been seconded to a key client of the firm and understands the pressures on the client's side of the desk.
Ken regularly interacts with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB).
Ken’s recent experience includes advising:
- The Carlyle Group on its proposed A$120 million acquisition of Pioneer Credit by way of scheme of arrangement and A$130 million debt acquisition
- ERM Power on its A$617 million acquisition by Shell Energy Australia by way of scheme of arrangement
- Aristocrat Leisure Limited on various aspects of its global corporate restructure
- Atlantic Gold Corporation on its A$768 million acquisition by St Barbara Limited and associated A$490 million rights issue
- Atlassian on Australian aspects of a corporate governance project
- Pacific Current Group in relation to an unsolicited proposed scheme of arrangement by a US asset management firm
Ken holds an undergraduate Bachelor of Business from UTS and a Juris Doctor with Honours from the University of New South Wales, where he was awarded a scholarship to study law on exchange at Tsinghua University in Beijing. Ken is dual qualified as a lawyer and an accountant and is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.