Kemi has experience in the resolution of construction and engineering disputes through arbitration, litigation, mediation and other forms of ADR.
Kemi has experience in a number of sectors, including infrastructure, energy, healthcare and commercial property. Her experience covers projects in Africa, the UAE and Europe. Kemi is based in our London office, having previously been seconded to both our Paris and Dubai offices.
Kemi's experience includes advising and acting for and in relation to:
- a Qatar based entity in ICC arbitration proceedings relating to claims valued in excess of US$2billion under an EPC contract for a major hospital project
- a confidential client JV in respect of claims made by its EPC contractor on three separate but related gas fired power projects in the Middle East
- disputes arising under an EPCI contract for offshore works in Angola
- a major infrastructure investor in relation to possible claims arising out of the construction of a large retail and leisure park
- a property and development company in DIAC arbitration proceedings in Dubai in respect of claims arising out of a major real estate development in Dubai
Kemi was awarded a First Class (Hon) LLB in European Law from the University of Warwick and studied French law at Université Montesquieu, Bordeaux IV. Kemi qualified as a solicitor in September 2014.