Kat has a broad practice spanning all aspects of the real estate sector and the lifecycle of real assets. She advises clients on development, investment, corporate real estate, joint venture, equity and debt financing, pre-letting and leasing transactions, with more recent transactions also including a restructuring and insolvency, logistics and ESG-focus.
Kat has particularly extensive expertise in the delivery of some of the largest and most complex long-term development and regeneration projects in the UK market. Much of her practice also has cross-sector focus and notable is her experience of multi-faceted energy and infrastructure transactions with real estate elements.
Kat's experience includes advising:
- British Land on the mixed-use development of the 53-acre site in Canada Water, one of the largest, single, multi-phased schemes in Europe, including relocating Tesco to facilitate delivery of Phase 1
- Brookfield (formerly in joint venture with Oxford Properties) on all acquisition, financing, letting and development work at London Wall Place comprising two high-end office towers, retail and public realm in the City of London
- Anschutz Entertainment Group in connection with the development of the world-class entertainment venue, The O2 Arena, Entertainment District and Icon Outlet
- Abrdn on the acquisition of nine Royal Mail and DPD logistics warehouses across the UK
- Indaver on the development of its first energy-for-waste facility in the UK which will form part of the larger Integrated Waste Management Facility in Rivenhall, Essex
Kat has a MA in Modern Languages (German) from the University of Oxford and completed her GDL and LPC at BPP University Law School in London. She joined the firm in 2008 and qualified into the real estate team in 2010.