Katherine is a partner in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) team who specialises in assisting clients on complex and strategic technology, outsourcing and digital projects across Australia and Asia Pacific.
Katherine has significant experience advising clients across a range of industries with their commercial legal matters – with particular expertise in major outsourcings, transformation programs, innovation and digital projects, data-driven transactions, intellectual property strategy & licensing and large scale procurements. Katherine helps clients navigate complex legal and regulatory environments and multi-jurisdictional transactions with strategic and practical advice. She also guides clients through the technology and transitional aspects of corporate deals, including in relation to separation strategy and data.
Katherine’s experience includes advising:
- A leading global resources company on its transformational ‘next generation outsourcing’ program to establish a new global operating model with its strategic partners across all of the company’s technology environment and assets, and advising on its innovation and automation strategy.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on all aspects of the transitional and separation arrangements of its A$4.2 billion sale of Colonial First State Global Asset Management to Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation, the proposed A$3.8 billion sale of its Australian and New Zealand life insurance business to pan-Asian insurer AIA Group and the proposed A$8 billion demerger of certain wealth and mortgage broking businesses.
- Standard Chartered Bank on its US$3 billion IT transformation program, numerous critical IT projects and regulatory compliance across its expansive jurisdictional footprint and on consortium arrangements involving the use of advanced technology.
- National Australia Bank on the transformation of its core banking infrastructure, and on the transition and separation aspects of the sale of its life insurance business MLC to Japanese company Nippon Life.
- A leading gold mining company on its technology and innovation initiative, including development of its global intellectual property strategy and establishment of its innovation and digital operations centre with a strategic partner.
- One of Asia's leading satellite operators on the purchase of a US$206 million high-throughput communications satellite and related bandwidth capacity leasing and marketing strategy arrangements with Chinese business partners.
University of Adelaide, Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences.
Katherine is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria.