Kurt advises clients on public and private mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions.
Kurt advises on a range of public and private mergers and acquisitions, including schemes of arrangement and takeovers, acquisitions and disposals, and private equity transactions.
Kurt’s experience includes advising:
- bidders and targets in public M&A transactions
- on various private M&A and private equity transactions
- on competitive auction and bid processes
Kurt holds a Bachelor of Laws (with Distinction) and Bachelor of Property and Real Estate from Deakin University.
Experience & expertise
- ANZ on its restructure to establish a non-operating holding company by scheme of arrangement and ASX listing, and to subsequently restructure its banking and non-banking businesses
- Crown Resorts on its sale to Blackstone for $9.8 billion
- BHP on the sale of its petroleum business to Woodside for US$21 billion
- Alliance Aviation on its proposed sale to Qantas
- Clarus Corporation on its purchase of Rhino Rack for $255 million*
- Youfoodz on its sale to HelloFresh for $125 million*
- F45 on its acquisition of Vive Active*
- LeasePlan on the sale of its Australian business to SG Fleet for $400 million*
- Orora Limited on the sale of its Australasian fibre business to Nippon Paper Industries Co for $1.72 billion*
- ExperienceCo on its acquisition of Trees Adventure
- Youfoodz on its IPO*
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills