Kerry advises on finance transactions in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Kerry has extensive experience acting for both borrowers and lenders on high-profile, cross-border debt financings in the energy and infrastructure sectors. Working in both emerging and developed markets for a number of years, Kerry's practice has a particular focus on structured commodity trade finance and reserve-based lending. During the course of 2015 and 2016, Kerry spent eight months on secondment at a leading commodities trading company.
Kerry is recognised as a “Rising Star” in Trade Finance by Legal 500 UK 2023.
Experience & expertise
- the lenders on secured term and revolving credit facilities for NEO Energy, including multiple increases and amendments to finance the acquisition of North Sea oil and gas portfolios from Total, Zennor Petroleum, ExxonMobil and JX Nippon
- ABSA Bank Limited, African Export-Import Bank and Standard Chartered Bank and the other senior lenders on the term loan and revolving credit facilities to two SPV borrowers controlled by Heirs Holdings Limited and Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc to finance the acquisition of a 45% participating interest in OML 17 in Nigeria
- MUFG, Vitol and the other lenders on a US$1 billion prepayment financing (and two subsequent upsizings of the facility, increasing it to US$2.2 billion) to KMG Kashagan, based on flows from the Kashagan mega-field (Energy Finance Deal of the Year – TXF Perfect 10 Awards 2018)
- BTMU, Vitol and the other lenders on a US$3 billion prepayment financing and the subsequent upsizing of the facility by US$1 billion to KazMunayGas, the Kazakh state oil and gas company (APAC Structured Trade – Oil & Gas Deal of the Year: Trade Finance Awards 2017 and European Structured Finance Deal of the Year – EMEA Finance Achievement Awards 2016)
- a meter asset provider on the refinancing of its existing debt facilities, including the securing of additional funding for its rollout of SMETS 2 smart meters in the UK