Kenji is a corporate lawyer with private M&A and TMT experience.
Kenji is an associate in the corporate team and he focuses on cross-border mergers & acquisitions, investment transactions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings. In addition to transactional corporate and commercial work, he has also advised clients on intellectual property, technology, media and telecommunications as well as data privacy and cyber security matters.
Kenji holds the Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), as well as the Certified Information Privacy Professional for Asia (CIPP/A) and Europe (CIPP/E) qualifications. Kenji is also recognised as a Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP) with the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Kenji is also recognised for his cybersecurity expertise, where he is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and a Member of the International Information System Security Security Consortium (ISC)².
Kenji holds a Bachelor of Laws from the National University of Singapore and is a dual-qualified lawyer in Singapore and in England & Wales.
Read more about Herbert Smith Freehills Prolegis here.
Experience & expertise
- acting for Temasek on a joint venture between DBS, Standard Chartered, Singapore Exchange and Temasek for the establishment of Climate Impact X, the world's first global exchange and marketplace for carbon credits
- acting for a global private equity investment firm in the tender for the proposed global acquisition of BICS and Telesign, including their licensed subsidiaries in Singapore
- acting for Ceridian HCM Holding Inc., a global leader in human capital management ("HCM") technology, in the acquisition of Excelity Global Solutions Pte Ltd., an Asia-based HCM service provider
- acting for Wirecard in the sale of its payment services businesses as well various IT and intellectual property assets in Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region
- acting for Temasek as lead investor in the US$70 million capital raise by One Championship