Kathryn is an experienced employment lawyer with a focus on industrial relations, disputes and advisory work.
Kathryn has over 10 years’ experience advising clients across a wide range of industries in relation to all aspects of employment law, industrial relations and occupational health and safety.
Kathryn focuses of providing clients with practical, pragmatic and strategic advice to find commercial solutions.
Kathryn assists her clients by:
- advising on day to day employment issues including statutory and contractual entitlements, and termination of employment;
- advising on the proper interpretation of contracts, legislation, modern awards and enterprise agreements;
- providing strategic advice in relation to workplace bargaining, industrial disputes and union action;
- representing them in the Fair Work Commission and State and Federal Courts;
- assisting with enterprise bargaining; and
- advising in relation to compliance issues including employment, occupational health and safety, equal opportunity and anti-discrimination laws.
Experience & expertise
- Represented a number of clients in relation to breach of contract, discrimination, unfair dismissal and general protections claims
- Assisted clients in relation to prosecutorial action by various regulators
- Assisted a regulator to successfully defend a special leave application by a union in the High Court of Australia
- Undertaken investigations into employment complaints for various clients.