Kathryn advises and represents clients on financial crime matters.
Kathryn advises clients in relation to fraud, corruption, tax evasion, money laundering and sanctions issues. She acts on both criminal and regulatory investigations and compliance matters and has a particular specialism in anti-bribery and corruption.
Kathryn is part of our top-ranked and award-winning global financial crime and investigations team. She advises a wide range of clients on internal and external investigations, including investigations conducted by, or at the instigation of, the Financial Conduct Authority.
Kathryn also advises companies on their internal anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance procedures and advises on due diligence exercises and contractual protections in relation to compliance in the context of corporate and finance transactions.
Kathryn previously spent three years in the financial crime team of a global investment bank.
Experience & expertise
- A global investment bank in responding to information requests from a number of domestic and foreign regulators in relation to financial crime and regulatory compliance issues
- A private investment bank in relation to an FCA investigation into suspected breaches of the money laundering regulations
- A UK insurance company in relation to a review of its anti-bribery procedures for third party intermediaries
- A mining company in relation to sanctions and anti-corruption due diligence on the sale of an asset
- A pro-bono client in relation to sanctions and counter-terrorist financing risks in relation to the establishment of a new aid delivery platform