Katherine is a Senior Associate in the Disputes team, specialising in construction and infrastructure disputes.
Katherine is a dispute resolution lawyer specialising in building, construction and infrastructure disputes. She has experience working on large-scale litigation as well as arbitration, mediation, expert determination, adjudication and informal dispute resolution processes, and providing advice including in relation to contractual and project delivery issues.
Katherine obtained a Bachelor of Laws (Honours Class I and the University Medal) and a Bachelor of Science (Distinction) from the University of New South Wales. She is admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- the equity sponsors of the 228MW Lal Lal Wind Farms project, including in multiple proceedings in the Supreme Court of Victoria;
- Project Co in relation to a rail PPP project in NSW impacted by design and delay issues;
- the owners/developers of a water treatment facility in NSW in connection with mining and power generation assets, including contractual advice and litigious proceedings regarding tender phase and operations phase disputes;
- Project Co in various disputes (including Supreme Court litigation) arising out of the Hopkins Correctional Facility PPP project in Ararat, Victoria;
- a major construction contractor in relation to the potential use of non-conforming building products in Australia, including the management of upstream and downstream Supreme Court proceedings in NSW and Victoria.