Kate is an associate in the firm's corporate practice with a focus on the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors.
Kate advises clients on corporate transactions within the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors. She has experience in mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, disposals, joint venture and shareholder arrangements, project development and marketing and trading within Australia, the UK and other jurisdictions. She has previously spent time working in both Melbourne and Perth.
Kate holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of International Studies from the University of Adelaide. She was admitted as a lawyer of the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the High Court of Australia in 2018.
Experience & expertise
- bp in relation to its acquisition of a 40.5% interest in, and operatorship of, the Asian Renewable Energy Hub (a proposed 26GW renewable green-hydrogen project in Western Australia)
- bp in relation to a joint venture with Deep Wind Offshore, pursuant to which bp acquired a 55% interest in Deep Wind Offshore’s early offshore wind portfolio, which includes four projects across the Korean peninsula with a potential generating capacity of up to 6GW
- A confidential client on its acquisition of a majority interest in a subsea interconnector portfolio, comprising three development stage interconnector projects proposed to connect the UK with Denmark, Belgium and Germany
- Brookfield consortium in relation to their $17.8 billion acquisition of ASX-listed electricity network owner AusNet Services by scheme of arrangement
- InterGen on the sale of its UK business interests to CREDITAS Group based in the Czech Republic